Suryalila Yoga Retreat Centre, originally an Olive Hacienda, is located in the heart of the Spanish Andalucian Hills, close to the charming villages of Arcos de la Frontera and Prado del Rey. It is approximately 45 minutes from the historic and beautiful walled city of Cadiz and an hour’s drive from Sevilla, the vibrant heart of Andalucía. On the edge of a stunning, mountainous national park, the property sits in a large river valley overlooking agricultural land and in the far distance, the white lakeside village of Bornos.
The GPS co-ordinates for Suryalila are: (36.47’14,6″N – 005.35’57,1″W)
There are a few airport options close to us. The best airport to fly to is Seville (75 min away), then Jerez de la Frontera (50 min). Malaga is also an option (2 hours by transfer/car or 3 hours by bus).
We organise transfers from the airport to Suryalila. The cost from Seville is €90, from Jerez – €70 and from Malaga – €150. Usually we group people arriving at similar time together, so you can share the cost of the transfer. Alternatively, there are buses running to Villamartin from where a taxi can pick you up. The cost of a pick up form Villamartin to Suryalila is €20.
Should you decide to travel by bus, we can send you the bus timetable closer to your arrival.
*Once your transfer is organised, please advise any changes or cancelations 24 hour before your arrival.
If you are flying into Seville, Jerez de la Frontera or Malaga airports, you have a few choices:
- We can arrange a taxi to pick you up and bring you to Suryalila.
- Alternatively, there are several car rental companies available in both of these airports. Suryalila is only about a one hour away by car from both.
- Finally, you can take the bus to Villamartin, which is about 15 minutes from the Retreat Centre, and we will pick you up!
—————— DIRECTIONS FROM SEVILLE ——————
Seville is an hour from the centre and there are 19 European airlines that fly there. For detailed information about Seville airport please go to:
From Seville the city centre can be easily reached by bus. Buses between the airport and the city centre run every 30 minutes between 6:15 and 23:00. The journey takes between 20-30 minutes and a single ticket costs €2.30. From Seville (Prado San Sepastian) you can catch a bus to Villamartin. The ride takes about an hour and a half and buses leave as follows:
Online bus timetables from Seville to Villamartin: http://www.damas-sa.es/index.php/rutas-y-horarios/
*Be aware that the bus timetable shows only a couple of weeks in advance.
- From the airport car park follow the exit signs across the first roundabout
- At the second roundabout follow the signs for A4 to Cordoba, going all the way around the roundabout and keeping right.
- Follow the A4 until km 526 (the roads in Spain have markers at each kilometre and the junction number is the kilometre number you are along the road) and take the exit onto the SE40
- Come off the SE40 at km 13 onto the A376 towards Utrera, this slip road has 2 exits, the first one is towards Utrera.
- Follow the A376 to Utrera, at Utrera continue on the same road which is now the A375 to Ronda.
- Just after Puerto Serrano the A375 ends at the A384, take the A384 towards Villamartin.
- After 8km take the ramp for A373 signposted Prado del Rey/El Bosque/Ubrique/Villamartín
- At the roundabout go left (last exit) onto the A373 towards Prado del Rey
- After 5km take the right turn onto the CA 6105 signposted to Arcos de la Frontera
- After 2.5 km, near km 13, turn left, you will see a small Suryalila sign. This takes you off the tarmac, drive carefully!
- After approximately 5km the driveway for Suryalila is on the left (again there is a small sign)
- Follow the driveway and you’ll see our gate and flags, come up the drive and as you get to the paving the car park is on the right.
Welcome to Suryalila!
—————— DIRECTIONS FROM JEREZ DE LA FRONTERA ——————
The closest airport to Suryalila is Jerez de la Frontera. It is a 50 minute drive from the centre. Several low-cost European airlines fly into Jerez, including Ryanair, Vueling, Iberia and others. Some only operate during the summer months. For some detailed information please go to www.andalucia.com/travel/airports/jerez.htm or check your favourite online flight search engine (Skyscanner etc). From Jerez you can either take a bus to Suryalila from the Jerez central bus station or we can organise a taxi for you. Please contact us for up-to-date price information.
For bus timetables from Jerez to Villamartin:
Jerez to Suryalila by Road:
- If you are driving from the airport, take the A4 towards Jerez for a couple of kilometres and then follow the N348 towards Arcos de la Frontera for about 3 kilometres.
- Take the exit to follow the A382 for about 35 kilometres all the way to Villamartin.
- As you approach the town, take a right hand turn signed for Villamartin.
- Turn right off the short slip road after the exit. The slip road is short and comes up on you quickly – so eyes open here!
- Follow this road for about 5k going straight until the four-way stop.
- At the four-way stop, go straight ahead along the dirt road. It is signposted La Granja.
- Carry on along the dirt road for about 3k until you see a sign on your left for Suryalila.
- Then turn left and follow the road to the house.
- If you miss the turn into la Fabrica the next sign you will see on the left will be for La Granja. Turn around and come back down the hill.
—————— DIRECTIONS FROM MALAGA ——————
Malaga is the largest airport in Andalucía but it is 2 hours and 45 minutes away from the centre. There are a wide range of airlines that fly to Malaga from all over Europe and they are often very cheap, catering for the Costa del Sol package holidays.
From Malaga take the following route….
- Follow the coast road (E15 /AP7) south past Benalmadena, Fuengirola and Marbella.
- Take the A-397 over the mountains to Ronda.
- After Ronda, take the A372 via Grazalema and Benamahoma to Prado del Rey.
- When you get to Prado del Rey you need to pick up the road to Villamartin, which is the A373.
- After a couple of miles on the road to Villamartin you will see a left turn – sign-posted Arcos de la Frontera. It is at the bottom of a long steep hill if you are coming from Prado del Rey.
- Take this left and follow the road for about 2 or 3 miles until you come to a crossroads.
- At the crossroads, take the dirt road on your left sign-posted La Granja.
- After about 2 miles on the dirt road you will a sign post on your left for Suryalila.
- Take that and you’ll find us a few hundred metres up the track.
There is a bus that leaves from Malaga bus station directly to Villamartin. The price of a one way ticket is about 15 Euro. There are usually four buses every day but for an up-to-date timetable please check the Los Amarillos website: www.losamarillos.es/index.jsp
For bus timetables from Malaga to Villamartin:
If you would like to explore other cities by train from Jarez, Ronda, Seville, Malaga, Cordoba, Granada please check: www.renfe.com
Get Exclusive Offers and Cool Yoga Giveaways
Just enter your email below.