Relax and Restore Retreat
- 8 – 15 February, 2020
- 30 May – 6 June, 2020
- 29 August – 5 September, 2020
- 15 Nov – 21 November, 2020
Gift yourself the joy and power of silence and come back to your centre. This retreat is specifically designed to help you recover from fatigue or stress, to restore your inner balance, recharge your batteries and make you feel renewed and rejuvenated! Join us for a week long of pampering, healing, restorative practices, sharing and fun!
Discover the healing effects of stillness!
Join our Relax and Restore retreat
We will offer a mixture of restorative practices, therapeutic holistic healing work, coaching and meditations all carefully picked to give maximum benefits to your emotional, physical and psychological health. Together with plenty of time and space to relax and leave the busy world behind!
Beautiful expansive daily yoga classes
With a daily extensive Yin yoga and Restorative yoga class you can put your body and mind in a state of relaxation where it can heal, recuperate and restore. Each class is designed for the purpose of relaxation and finding equilibrium in body and mind. Yin yoga specifically targets the deep tissues of the body and stimulates the “rest and digest” response of your nervous system. It will naturally switch your “off” button, enabling an emotional state of openness and flow. Restorative Yoga helps you to completely let go and to heal the body.
With so much restorative practices, you might want to move a little bit more and partake in a more vigorous yoga practice. If that’s you, don’t worry, we got you covered! You are free to join our daily morning Vinyasa Flow classes. In that way you can have the best of both worlds.
Bed Time Yoga Nidra and guided meditations
Enjoy a deep, relaxing sleep after a soothing, deeply relaxing Yoga Nidra session before bedtime (come in your pyama!) or unwind in a guided meditation held in our Shala or serene Meditation Garden. These practices will both help you activate the parasympathetic nervous system and enhances relaxation. Yoga Nidra and guided meditations will create a buffer of calmness before your bedtime, priming your brain you for a full, restorative sleep. Imagine you don’t have to think of anything yourself, you can just sit, lie down, relax and let yourself be taken.
Complementary: Get a Reiki Healing session or a one-on-one Coaching Session
Included in the retreat is a 30 min Reiki session or a 30 min one on one counselling session. You can choose! You can choose to extend this for a small additional cost.
Receive a therapeutic holistic Reiki session that will put you in a deep state of relaxation and boost your energetic system. You can also choose to get a personal coaching session. A one-on-one coaching session can allow you to get a new perspective at your life situation and provide you with practical tools to come back to your life with more resources and strategies.
Hikes in the beautiful Grazalema Natural Park (two)
We will be going on two different hikes during this week. Take a breather and enjoy the beautiful nature of Andalusia with a group hike. We will enjoy the magnificent nature that surrounds Suryalila and we will let the local jewels help you unwind and enjoy. There is a 3 hour hike through the mountains of Grazalema and we will finish with a visit to ‘pueblo blanco’ Grazalema town, a true gem in this area. Another day we will hike alongside the river Majaceite, and we will stop for a picnic here. You will be amazed by the beauty of Andalusian nature!
Learn to dance the flamenco
Connect with the passion and the ‘joie de vivre’ from Andalusia and join the Flamenco Class! You might surprise yourself! A bit of fun, laughter and moving the body! Great celebration on our last night together.
Media detox challenge
Optional practice: (for the brave ones) we invite you to our media detox challenge for the duration of your stay. Leave your phone and laptop in your bag and discover the magic of silence. A temporary disconnection from technology can empower you and give you the chance to really connect with yourself and focus inward, rather than the outside world.
And there is more..
With the surrounding hills and beautiful nature, amazing organic food, lots of quiet time, free use of our facilities (sauna, salt water swimming pool) we assure you that you will have everything you need to relax, rejuvenate and restore.
This retreat is led by Ellen Aarts, our resident Yin Yoga teacher and Coach. (More information below).
- 3 organic delicious vegetarian meals a day
- Free use of the facilities (sauna, pool)
- Daily therapeutic Yoga session – either Yin Yoga or Restorative Yoga
- Daily Vinyasa Flow classes in morning
- 2 bed time Yoga Nidra sessions
- Guided meditations in our Shala or Meditation Garden
- Stress Busters Workshop
- 1 Reiki healing session (30 min) or personal coaching session (30 min)
- Hike (3 hours) through Grazalema Natural Park finishing in Grazalema town
- Hike alongside the river in Grazalema Park and picknic (2 hours)
- Flamenco Class
- Therapeutic deep tissue massage, Ayurvedic, Thai or relaxation massage
Here’s what you can expect for the week:
(Breakfast is served at 9.30, Lunch at 13.30 and Dinner at 19.00)
Arrival Day 1:
- Arrival and introduction
- 17:00 – 19.00 Yin yoga session
- Option to join Vinyasa Flow class in the morning
- Morning mediation in Meditation Garden, setting intentions
- 17.00 – 19.00 – Restorative Yoga Class and sound healing
- Sauna after dinner
- Option to join Vinyasa Flow class in the morning
- 11.00 – 13.00 – Empowering workshop on Stress Buster techniques
- Hike to Grazalema Natural Park after lunch
- Evening: Bed Time Yoga Nidra Session
- Day OFF, enjoy our pool, get a treatment, read a book: the day is yours
- Optional: Evening meditation after dinner
- Option to join our Vinyasa morning class
- Hike alongside the gorgeous Majaceite River in Grazalema Natural Park followed by picnic in nature. Bring your notebook
- 17.00 – 19.00 – Deeply Restorative Yoga Session
- Dinner and Sauna
- Option to join the Vinyasa morning class
- Afternoon meditation
- 17.00 – 19.00 – Yin Yoga class
- Evening: Bed Time Yoga Nidra session, come in your pyjamas
- 8.00 – 9.30 – Morning Yin Yoga session and closing meditation
- Lunch together and sharing
- Free time
- Flamenco Dance workshop after dinner: let’s dance!
Departure Day 8:
- Morning closing meditation and sharing
- Superior Double: Sole Occupancy: 1025 Euros
- Deluxe Double Sole Occupancy: 1130 Euros
- Twin: 885 Euros
- Mini Dorm: 740 Euros
Retreat Dates for 2020
- 8th February – 15th February
- 30th May – 6th June
- 29th August – 5th September* (tbc)
- 15th November – 21st November
This retreat will be led by Ellen Aarts, Yin yoga teacher, Relaxation Retreat holder and Coach.
Ellen is praised for her serene and calming presence, her down-to-earth approach on spirituality and her intuitive strength. Once a manager in a risk management company, a journalist and a high intensity Amsterdam girl, she now runs her own coaching and retreat business and dedicates herself and her service to sharing the true art of relaxation.
Ellen’s retreat was the perfect antidote to a busy and crowded life. I found calm and created inner space through wonderfully curated meditations, yin and restorative yoga sessions, and a group hike in the beautiful nearby national park. Ellen made sure the whole group felt at ease, and instilled a sense of serenity from the start. Highly recommend this for anyone.Simon, UK
I participated in Ellen’s Relax & Restore Retreat in February 2019. The program was really wonderful and completely aligned with my expectations. The music she choose and use of different scents were a wonderful addition during our yoga sessions. I have been able to fully charge my batteries. RECOMMENDEDKim S, Belgium
Amazing, really wonderful. Ellen’s retreat was very personal and varied. Ellen talks about the spiritual in a very down-to-earth way, that is quite special. I feel more in my body now, this retreat has helped me to feel again where I am in my life and in my body. What made the most impact on me (after I received a healing on that day from Ellen) was the yin class on Saturday in the Dome. It was really magical – and the whole group felt like that. I will really hold that memory in my heart.
I would recommend both this retreat and Ellen. The environment is fantastic, you really want to be at Suryalila, believe me : ). It’s beautiful. And I would definitely recommend Ellen as a retreat leader: she is so relaxed and so spontaneous at the same time. It is playful, never boring or dull and there is room for flexibility (sometimes the programme was adjusted slightly based on the groups’ energy etc). You can see that Ellen knows herself deeply and she radiates that to the whole groupSophie F, The Netherlands
Ellen created a wonderful and relaxing programme filled with kindness. It taught me to be calm, listen to my body and most importantly to be present. I have become a lot more aware of what is good for me and my body and I try to apply these methods and ideas in my everyday life.Ellie, Belgium