Yoga Retreats and Nature Holidays
We are happy to announce that our yoga retreat centre in Spain is reopening on the 15th of June, 2020 after the event of the global pandemic.
Replenish yourself through a variety of handcrafted relaxing yoga retreats and active nature holidays on offer this year. Our Retreat Centre is a home away from home… a place for those longing for a safe and healthy holiday with a difference.
Independent hotel guests are also welcome. If you don’t have time to join a retreat, come join us as an independent hotel guest for a minimum of two nights and enjoy our retreat facilities.
More than ever Suryalila is here for you to provide the beautiful setting for relaxation, rejuvenation and wellbeing on all levels. Our mission for the coming months is to create an environment where you can connect to the nature of southern Spain, to your own wellbeing, and to mindfulness with others. We all understand how important it is to stay physically and mentally resilient in the midst of a crisis and we’re here to equip you with the skills to be positive, calm and grounded.
What to Expect
- Learn from world-class yoga teachers and practice in awe-inspiring yoga settings.
- Stay active through the numerous adventures and hikes on offer.
- Be nourished by Suryalila’s famous wholesome organic, vegetarian meals.
- Experience the beauty of our secluded surroundings and natural park settings.
- Refresh yourself with complete relaxation in our saltwater swimming pool.
- Find peace and detox in the new Meditation Garden and other secluded wellness spots.
- Stay in boutique accommodations with an Asian flair or glamp (luxurious camping) in nature.
- Learn about our eco projects and how we regenerate the land through our inspiring permaculture farm Danyadara.
- Spoil yourself and rejuvenate with a variety of divine massage therapies with Suryalila’s excellent therapists.
- Be enchanted by our vibrant and magical sunsets.
Summer Holidays and Retreat Calendar
On offer throughout this summer and later in the year are a variety of truly nourishing yoga retreats and active nature holidays for you to enjoy on your own, with friends or family. Whether you are looking for more gentle healing & meditation experiences or adventurous endeavours, we have it all.
Our package holiday cost is significantly reduced from June till September and the accommodations suit different budgets to provide affordable yoga to all.
No matter if it’s your first yoga retreat or you’re ready for teacher training, we have amazing options for you. Throughout the year we have large and small group yoga retreats, either shorter (three or four-night) as well as week-long retreats and more. Or as an independent guest, you’ll still enjoy day yoga sessions and have access to one-to-one learning moments.
- Hiking and Yoga Retreat: includes guided mountain hikes in southern Spain’s biodiverse natural reserves with forest bathing and birdwatching for the nature geeks.
- Relax and Restore Retreat: for those looking for a more gentle and healing experience.
- Beginners Yoga Retreat: a custom-designed beginners yoga program to help fresh yogis learn about yoga in a holistic way.
- Winter Warmer: Warm your soul with daily yoga classes, delicious vegetarian meals plus fun activities like a guided mountain hike in the local national park and traditional Flamenco dance class.
- Culture & Yoga: A uniquely designed week of cultural trips and Yoga to enjoy the best of this beautiful and culturally rich area of Spain.
- Beginners Spanish Language & Yoga: Learn Spanish with local, accredited teachers in intensive Spanish courses for all levels while also enjoying a yoga holiday in a relaxing, family-like atmosphere.
- Escape Christmas: Filled with nourishing yoga, hikes, gong baths, live music and more.
All retreats offered include optional world-class yoga classes and three delicious organic, plant-based / vegetarian meals every day, prepared by an outstanding team of international chefs.
Hiking and Yoga
A special Five Day Hiking and Yoga Retreat for nature lovers. Explore the local treasures in the mountains of Sierra de Grazalema with expert nature guides, then nurture yourself at our Suryalila Retreat Center.
- 3rd Oct – 8th Oct (5 nights)
- 18th Oct – 23rd Oct (5 nights)
- 9th Dec – 14th Dec (5 Nights)
Relax and Restore
A mixture of restorative practices, therapeutic holistic healing work, coaching and meditations all created to give maximum benefit to your emotional, physical and psychological well being. Plus, kick back with lots of time and space to relax and leave the busy world behind!
- 31st Oct – 5th Nov (5 nights)
- 28th Nov – 5th Dec (7 Nights)
A custom-designed beginners yoga program to help fresh yogis learn about yoga in a holistic way. Held in a warm and safe environment, our yoga sessions are designed to provide a well-rounded exploration of yoga. By the end of the retreat, you will be confident and comfortable to join any yoga class, to modify as necessary and enjoy your yoga practice safely.
- 31st Oct – 5th Nov (5 nights)
Horse Riding and Yoga
See the hidden side of Andalusia (Andalucia) while on horseback with our expert guide. Explore a beautiful mountaintop hermitage, glide through sunflower fields and along beautiful trails through valleys of ancient olive orchards and holly oak trees. Enjoy invigorating morning yoga classes and three delicious, organic meals a day, plus all our magical facilities.
- Horse-riding and Yoga Week: Sunday to Friday (5 Nights) – All weeks
- Horse-riding and Yoga Weekend: Friday – Sunday (2 nights) – All weeks
Permaculture and Yoga
An all-inclusive experience combining permaculture classes, hands-on training in our gardens, two yoga sessions per day, a nature walk in the nearby Natural Reserve, and three scrumptious meals a day. Leave with full knowledge of turning your back garden into a little wildlife haven, explore the world of permaculture, or simply appreciate a more sustainable lifestyle and yoga practice.
- 5th Dec – 9th Dec (4 nights)
Leave that winter behind in Europe or wherever you call home. Warm your soul at our cosy and beautiful retreat centre in southern Spain. Enjoy daily yoga classes, delicious vegetarian meals, plus fun activities like a guided mountain hike in the local national park and a traditional Flamenco dance class.
- 9th Nov – 12th Nov (3 Nights)
- 5th Dec – 9th Dec (4 Nights)
Culture and Yoga
A uniquely designed week of cultural trips and Yoga to enjoy the best of this beautiful and culturally rich area of Spain. You will get plenty of Yoga and time to relax whilst exploring authentic local excursions to the fascinating cities of Seville, Ronda and Arcos de la Frontera.
- 14th Nov – 21st Nov (7 Nights)
Beginners Spanish Language and Yoga
Learn Spanish with local, accredited teachers in intensive Spanish courses for all levels while also enjoying a yoga holiday in a relaxing, family-like atmosphere. Spanish teachers are all native speakers with university degrees in philology (a special training for teaching Spanish structured for adults).
- 28th Nov – 5th Dec
Get away from the Christmas hype and enjoy a fun-filled week with plenty of time for relaxation. Experience both warming and relaxing styles of yoga classes, and enjoy local actives like beautiful guided hikes, visiting a local Spanish town, immersing in a healing gong bath, learning to dance flamenco, and groovy live music. Not to mention movie nights around cozy fireplaces.
- 21st Dec – 28th Dec
Prices of the package holidays range from €575 to €995 depending on your chosen accommodation.
About Suryalila Retreat Centre
Our rural hotel is a warm and welcoming yoga centre, a home away from home, nestled serenely in the foothills of the Sierra de Grazalema, in the province of Cadiz, Spain. Expect to be surrounded by fields of sunflowers (when in bloom!) and sweeping vistas of mountains and lakes in our little corner of Europe.
Suryalila is a composite of two Sanskrit words. Surya refers to the ancient sun god and Lila means cosmic play of the gods. Together the words mean “Cosmic Play of the Sun”.
It is also home to Danyadara, a non-profit educational permaculture farming project that is building a food forest and growing vegetables on the land. Weekly tours of the project are offered.
Whether you’re arriving from within Spain, through out Europe, or from anywhere in the world, we want you to come and enjoy one of the best European yoga retreats you’ll find. Not far away in Andalusia are beautiful locations with lots of adventure and fun to be had (including the stunning beaches of the Mediterranean and captivating nature of National Parks).
Enjoy your yoga holidays with us… explore a daily (or more!) class of different yoga styles (like Vinyasa, Yin, restorative), de-stress amongst our eco-lodges with wellness offerings like massage, saltwater pool, sauna and more, and eat local, organic, vegetarian meals that taste amazing and are great for you. We are the best of destination yoga in all of Europe!