Yoga Retreats and Nature Holidays
We’re happy to announce that our yoga retreat centre in Spain reopened on the 15th of June, 2020 after the event of the global pandemic.
Replenish yourself through a variety of handcrafted relaxing yoga retreats and active nature holidays. Our Retreat Centre is a home away from home in southern Spain… a place for those longing for a safe and healthy holiday with a difference.
Regenerate, renew, relax.
More than ever Suryalila is here for you to provide the settings for reconnection and wellbeing on all levels. Our mission for the coming months is to create an environment where you can connect to the nature of southern Spain, to your own wellbeing, and to mindfulness with others. We all understand how important it is to be equipped to stay physically and mentally resilient in the midst of a crisis.
What to Expect
- Learn from world-class yoga teachers and practice in awe-inspiring yoga settings.
- Stay active through the numerous adventures and hikes on offer.
- Be nourished by Suryalila’s famous wholesome organic, vegetarian meals.
- Experience the beauty of our secluded surroundings and natural park settings.
- Refresh yourself in our saltwater swimming pool.
- Find peace in the new Meditation Garden and other secluded wellness spots with sweeping countryside vistas.
- Stay in boutique accommodations furnished with handpicked pieces from Bali, Morocco and India or glamp (luxurious camping) in nature.
- Learn about our sustainable projects and what we do to regenerate the land through the inspiring permaculture project Danyadara.
- Relax and rejuvenate with a variety of divine massage therapies with Suryalila’s excellent therapists
- Be enchanted by our vibrant and magical sunsets and starry night skies.
Throughout the year we offer nourishing yoga retreats and active nature holidays for you to enjoy on your own, with friends or family. Whether you’re looking for a more healing, meditative experience or adventurous endeavours, we have it all.
No matter if it’s your first yoga retreat or you’re ready for teacher training, we have amazing options for you. Throughout the year we have large and small group yoga retreats, either shorter (three or four-night) as well as week-long retreats and more. Or as an independent guest, you’ll still enjoy daily yoga sessions and dips in our saltwater pool.
- Hiking and Yoga Retreat: includes guided mountain hikes in southern Spain’s biodiverse natural reserves with forest bathing and birdwatching for the nature geeks.
- Winter Warmer: Warm your soul with daily yoga classes, delicious vegetarian meals plus fun activities like a guided mountain hike in the local national park and traditional Flamenco dance class.
- Escape Christmas: Filled with nourishing yoga, hikes, gong baths, live music and more.
- Relax & Restore: Designed to help you recover from fatigue and stress, you will restore your inner balance, recharge your batteries and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.
- Horse Riding & Yoga: See the hidden side of Andalusia while on horseback with our expert guide.
All retreats offered include optional world-class yoga classes and three delicious organic, plant-based/vegetarian meals every day, prepared by an outstanding team of international chefs.
Hiking and Yoga
A special Five Day Hiking and Yoga Retreat for nature lovers. Explore the local treasures in the mountains of Sierra de Grazalema with expert nature guides, then nurture yourself at our Suryalila Retreat Center.
- 9th Dec – 14th Dec 2020 (5 Nights)
Leave that winter behind in Europe or wherever you call home. Warm your soul at our cosy and beautiful retreat centre in southern Spain. Enjoy daily yoga classes, delicious vegetarian meals, plus fun activities like a guided mountain hike in the local national park and a traditional Flamenco dance class.
- 28th Nov – 2nd Dec 2020 (4 Nights)
- 16th Jan – 19th Jan 2021 (4 Nights)
Get away from the Christmas hype and enjoy a fun-filled week with plenty of time for relaxation. Experience both warming and relaxing styles of yoga classes, and enjoy local actives like beautiful guided hikes, visiting a local Spanish town, immersing in a healing gong bath, learning to dance flamenco, and groovy live music. Not to mention movie nights around cozy fireplaces.
- 21st Dec – 28th Dec 2020
Relax & Restore
Let the tension of these turbulent times melt away on this relaxing retreat led by our resident Yin Yoga teacher and Coach, Ellen Aarts. Specifically designed to help you recover from fatigue and stress, you will restore your inner balance, recharge your batteries and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul, leaving you feeling relaxed and renewed.
- 6th Feb – 11th Feb 2021
Horse Riding and Yoga
See the hidden side of Andalusia (Andalucia) while on horseback with our expert guide. Explore a beautiful mountaintop hermitage, glide through sunflower fields and along beautiful trails through valleys of ancient olive orchards and holly oak trees. Enjoy invigorating morning yoga classes and three delicious, organic meals a day, plus all our magical facilities.
- Horse-riding and Yoga Week: Sunday to Friday (5 Nights) – All weeks
- Horse-riding and Yoga Weekend: Friday – Sunday (2 nights) – All weeks
Prices of the package holidays start from €575 to €995 depending on your length of stay and chosen accommodation.
About Suryalila Retreat Centre
Our rural hotel is a warm and welcoming yoga centre, a home away from home, nestled serenely in the foothills of the Sierra de Grazalema, in the province of Cadiz, Spain. Expect to be surrounded by fields of sunflowers (when in bloom!) and sweeping vistas of mountains and lakes in our little corner of Europe.
Suryalila is a composite of two Sanskrit words. Surya refers to the ancient sun god and Lila means cosmic play of the gods. Together the words mean “Cosmic Play of the Sun”.
It is also home to Danyadara, a non-profit educational permaculture farming project that is building a food forest and growing vegetables on the land. Weekly tours of the project are offered.
Whether you’re arriving from within Spain, through out Europe, or from anywhere in the world, we want you to come and enjoy one of the best European yoga retreats you’ll find. Not far away in Andalusia are beautiful locations with lots of adventure and fun to be had (including the stunning beaches of the Mediterranean and captivating nature of National Parks).
Enjoy your yoga holidays with us… explore a daily (or more!) class of different yoga styles (like Vinyasa, Yin, restorative), de-stress amongst our eco-lodges with wellness offerings like massage and saltwater pool and eat local, organic, vegetarian meals that taste amazing and are great for you. We are the best of destination yoga in all of Europe!