Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve put together this list of frequently asked questions to help you in your booking and your stay with us at Suryalila Retreat Centre.
If you can’t find the answer to your question here or elsewhere on our site then feel free to email us [email protected].
How to get here?
We recommend that you fly into Seville but you can also fly to Jerez or Malaga.
We can book a transfer for you from the airport to Suryalila this is charged per car and we will try to match you with other arriving guests to spread the cost. A transfer from Seville is 90€, from Jerez is 70€ and from Malaga is 150€. If you wish for us to book a transfer for you we like it if you give us at least 3 days notice.
If you wish to get the bus from the airport you can do so by getting the shuttle into Seville/Jerez/Malaga from the airport and then a bus out to Villamartin. Villamartin is 10km from Suryalila and if you let us know your arrival time we can collect you for 20€.
Can I arrive early for my retreat or stay late after my retreat?
We understand that flights don't always work out for Saturdays. If your flights are before or after your retreat dates you are welcome to stay with us as an Independent Guest for your extra days providing we have space. Email us at [email protected] to check availability and check our Welcome Guest Kit for more info.
What time should I plan to arrive and depart?
On your arrival day your room will be ready after 12pm and dinner will be served at 7pm (unless there is a special arrangement for your retreat).
You are welcome to arrive earlier and enjoy the facilities at Suryalila. If you arrive before lunch, which is served at 1:30pm, and wish to eat with us then it will be an additional cost of 10€.
On your departure day we ask that you vacate your room by 10:30am. After you have left your room you are welcome to use the facilities until you are ready to leave. As with arrival if you stay for lunch it will be an additional cost of 12€.
What if I love it so much I want to stay an extra night?
If you want to stay longer and we have space then you are welcome to extend your stay. Check with us at the office.
Which meals are included? When are meals served? What if I have dietary requirements?
All our food is vegetarian. We lay out gourmet organic vegetarian buffet style meals in our dining room three times a day. Tea, coffee, water and fruit are available all day.
Dinner on the first day of your stay is included as is breakfast on the last day of your stay and all meals in between. Additional meals are 10€ a day.
Meal times are:
- Breakfast - 9:30am
- Lunch - 1:30pm
- Dinner - 7pm
We can easily accommodate diets such as gluten free and vegan if you let us know before your stay. If you have other dietary requirements then contact us to discuss them and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs.
Do I need to bring my mat?
No, you can bring your own mat if you like but we have plenty of yoga mats for our guests to use. We also have blocks, blankets, meditation cushions, sand bags, eye pillows and straps. However, you may wish to have your own mat to use.
What type of room should I book?
We offer bookings by room type, you can find all the room details on our accommodations page. While you can request a specific room we can only guarantee that you will be in a room of that type. If you do not want to share a room you should book a superior or deluxe room. Deluxe rooms have a bathroom nearby that is for your sole use.
Our room types are:
- Deluxe Double - one bed for 1 or 2 people with a private bathroom
- Superior Double - one bed for 1 or 2 people with a shared bathroom
- Twin - 2 single beds with a shared bathroom
- Minidorm - 4 single beds
- Dorm - 8 single beds
- Yurt - 2 singles beds with a shared bathroom
- Tent - 2 single beds
For prices for Independent Guests visit this page.
Help! What do I need to pack?
You will need to bring toiletries, clothes, underwear, pyjamas, yoga clothes and it may also be useful to pack:
- Sun tan lotion & After sun lotion
- Insect repellent cream (particularly if you are intending to spend evenings outside)
- Indoor shoes or slippers (as many areas of the retreat centre are outdoor shoe-free)
- Swim suit (we provide pool towels)
- A sweat-shirt or sweaters for cool evenings
- An umbrella and/or waterproof jacket for the odd day when it rains (there are about 30 rainy days per year mostly between
- September and March…but not always)
- Good shoes for walking that you are ok to get dusty/muddy
- Long trousers if you intend to go horse riding
- Travel power adapters from your country to standard European fitting
- Phone/camera/other device chargers
- A pen and notepad if you want to take notes from your yoga class
- Your camera to capture your trip
- Euros! There are no currency changing shops in the local area or at Seville or Jerez airports so take care of this before coming.
- There are ATM machines locally which you can use to get cash as needed.
Can I print my boarding pass at Suryalila?
Yes, you can arrange to print your boarding pass in the office at Suryalila. Either email it to us and we’ll print it for you or if you need to use a computer to check in then ask one of the office staff and they’ll let you know when would be a good time.
How can I book an excursion?
You can find out about our excursions and exploring the area on our excursions pages. Your introduction to Suryalila talk will cover how to book an excursion. It will either be at the reception desk or in the office depending when you stay.
What is included in the price and what isn’t?
The price includes:
- Your accommodation here at Suryalila
- All bedding and towels
- All meals from dinner on your first day to breakfast on your last day as well as tea, coffee and fruit between meals
- Use of the yoga rooms and props
- Wifi internet
- Use of our salt water swimming pool
It does not include:
- Your travel to Suryalila
- Massages and any excursions you wish to book
- Additional food goodies such as alcohol, chocolate and ice creams which are available to purchase in the dining room
Can I have a massage?
We have a massage therapist working at Suryalila you can find out about them on our massage therapy page. They are flexible around your yoga classes, meals and excursions. You can book an hours massage for 65€ or a 90minute massage for 90€. Your introduction to Suryalila talk will cover how to book a massage. It will either be at the reception desk or in the office depending when you stay.
My flight arrives really late/early is that ok?
Yes, we know flights don’t always fit with our ideals so if you let us know in advance we can welcome you at any time. If you arrive early for a retreat then lunch on the first day is 10€ and if you stay late on the last day lunch is also 10€
While you are welcome to use all our facilities we might not have your room ready until 4pm on your arrival day (though we will try to have it ready for your arrival!) and we will need you to vacate your room by 10:30am on your last day.
Can I take photos?
Yes please! And share them! We are always taking new photos for our website, flyers and social media so if you have any really good ones that you are happy for us to use then please share them with us too!
Can I bring my pet?
Here at Suryalila we have dogs, chickens, horses and the neighbours dogs often come onto the property so it is best to leave your pets at home. There are also hunters in the area at different times of the year.